A New Beginning with Sookmyung, 2019 Admission and Sookmyung Family Welcoming Ceremony
http://pr.sookmyung.ac.kr/bbs/sookmyungen/78/69642/artclView.do?layout=unknown

Our university held the 2019 Admission and Sookmyung Family Welcoming Ceremony at the Jamsil Indoor Stadium at 10 a.m. on Feb. 19 (Tue).

2019 Admission and Sookmyung Family Welcoming Ceremony

This year’s admission ceremony was proceeded in 3 parts with the presiding by Min-jeong Kim, our university’s alumna and KBS announcer. The first part of the ceremony which opened at 10 a.m. started off with the learning of our school song with Narsha from the Leadership Group of College of Music followed by the performance from NiViS Cheerleaders to celebrate the admission of the new students. As the new students shouted and got into the groove of the song “To You” along with the cheerleaders, they seemed to loosen up with cheerful faces. The first part of the ceremony closed with the showing of the “Sook-KY Castle,” which is a video guide on college life performed by our university’s Educational Broadcasting System and Sookmyung Ambassadors that parodied the TV drama SKY Castle. 

With the presiding from the Dean of Academic Affairs In-chan Park in the second part, the pledge of new students represented by Student Yu-jeong Seo and the award of scholarship to Student Yun-ji Kim took place. Next, after the commencement of the school banner and distinguished guests, the Chairman of Sookmyung Educational Foundation Seung-han Lee, President Jungai Kang, and Alumni President Jong-hui Kim gave their welcoming speech for the freshmen. The students celebrated their admission by greeting and decorating the school emblem on each other’s chests.

The final part 3 was a time of festivity. The solemn atmosphere after the showing of the surprise video of the students’ parents celebrating and encouraging the new start of the students completely shifted to excitement as our university’s Dance Club Max and the winner of the High School Rapper 2 Ha-on Kim put on their celebration performances. The new students sang along and flashed their phones in complete enjoyment of the festivities. The event came to a final close as the President and new students shouted “The New Beginning of My Life, Sookmyung!”

Student Hui-ju Kang (Department of Vocal Music ‘19) attending with her family from Bundang expressed her impression of the event. “I thought it was going to be a formal atmosphere like many other admission ceremonies, but I was surprised by the passion and the grand scale of Sookmyung I felt from the various performances and events. I truly feel like a Sookmyungian after today’s great experience.”